Emergency Response to Covid-19 among Persons with Disability in Kenya
Project year: 2020-2021
Supported by OSIEA
Main Objectives; to demonstrate the importance of accessible information to Persons with Disabilities as a way of inclusion during emergency response.
- provided accessible information to Persons with disabilities and health workers;
- provide households for persons with disabilities with opportunities to improve their economic income to cushion during curfew and possible lockdowns
- advocated for inclusive information during National live coverages on COVID-19.
- Mobilized of PwDs in development of Disability Caucus to ensure meaningful participation of Persons with Disabilities during the Covid- 19 period that is, preventive, education and socio-economic inclusion as key in reducing the spread of COVID-19.
- Developed and distributed information, education, and communication (IEC) materials in various local languages to help increase awareness and understanding of COVID-19.
- Media engagement for sensitization and dissemination on community radio stations were utilized to disseminate information about COVID-19 and animations were created and televised on NTV.