Project Title: Amplifying The Voices of Persons with Disabilities (PWDs) In Nomadic Communities in the Fight against Corruption in Kenya
Project year: 2022-2024
Supported by Ford Foundation
Project area: Narok, Kajiado, Baringo, Garissa, Wajir, Mandera, Tana River, Samburu, Isiolo and West pokot Counties
The project uses multifaceted approach towards advocating for Persons with Disabilities inclusion in 10 counties through training, movement building and community forums. The two-year project is on course.
- Identifying and capacity building 20 (Anti)-corruption champions from nomadic and pastoralist communities on existing, and new, policies, laws, strategies and actions to effectively address corruption and to reduce its cost burden to Persons with Disabilities
- Conduct 10 community forums and dialogues between persons with disability, community leaders and policy makers
- building a movement of persons with disabilities from nomadic/pastoralist communities.
- Strengthening the partnerships with grass-root movements in the fight against corruption
- pushing for policy review and implementation in combating corruption in pastoralists and nomadic counties
- Enhancing the capacity of the disability caucus of members of county assemblies (MCAs)(